MESS is made up of members of the local communities of Marple, Mellor & Marple Bridge working alongside Stockport MBC. MESS meets each month to discuss issues concerning the environment and climate change, and plan the way forward.
Through a presence at local events and celebrations, our Energy Saving Showcases, a series of ‘Film Nights’ and the growing popularity of our newsletters MESS is able to share, with the local community, the knowledge and information about renewable technology and energy saving which we are all learning about.
MESS has recently formed an Incredible Edible group and this website introduces the Marple Eco House
MESS aims to promote and demonstrate sustainable lifestyles in the local community.
- Work towards the reduction of carbon emissions locally
- Encourage local shopping especially for food
- Explore the increase of locally and home grown food
- Provide information on green issues for all local residents and children
- Investigate community projects which will encourage a green agenda
- Encourage the use of car sharing, public transport, cycling and walking